Sweeney McGann LLP is considered one of the leading Corporate & Commercial law firms in Limerick and the Mid-West region. Team leads are Senior Partner Gearoid McGann and Managing Partner Shane O’Neill.
Our Corporate & Commercial service is one of the firm’s core practice areas and provides a dynamic and experienced service in Limerick and to both domestic and international clients across a wide range of sectors.
The expertise of our Corporate & Commercial team is complemented by specialist input from practice areas such as Banking & Finance, Employment Law, Property and Commercial Litigation.
We advise clients in high value complex MBO and M&A transactions. Examples of such recent transactions include the following:
- Large national (and international) hotel chain (turnover circa €50 million) involving full management buy out to include share swaps for various companies owning various hotels within the chain which included complex High Court proceedings leading to settlement.
- An M&A and MBO involving two of the largest manufacturing products companies in Ireland (in their field) (turnover circa €20 million).
- Property management company M&A and MBO involving two of the largest property management companies situate in the West of Ireland and in the Mid-West Region (turnover circa €10 million).
- Initial MBO resulting in an M&A of a multinational company set up originally in Ireland, (and advised by us from inception) located throughout Europe and merged and acquired with another multinational company situated in mainland Europe (turnover circa €26 million).
- Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology Food and Beverage Company. MBO and eventually leading to an M&A involving one of the largest such companies in Ireland and a European based company (Turnover circa €20 million).
- Healthcare Company (HSE Approved). MBO and comprehensive High Court proceedings pertaining to same ultimately leading to settlement and subsequent M&A (turnover circa €50 million).