We are recognised as one of the leading legal specialists in the area of Employment Law in Limerick. We have experience in advising domestic and international clients, both private and semi-private, across all industry sectors. Our team is lead by Aoife Hennessy who is renowned for her excellence in client service and proven track record advising on complex employment issues.
We work together with our clients in supporting their HR needs and provide practical and sustainable solutions. Our aim is to prevent disputes arising by assisting our clients in managing their internal procedures in particular in the areas of performance management, disciplinary and grievance investigations. This reduces our clients’ exposure to legal costs.
- Employment Contracts and Staff Handbook
- Policies and Procedures
- Employee Relations
- Disciplinary and Performance Management
- Bullying and Harassment
- Employment Equality
- Reorganisations and Redundancies
- Industrial Relations and Disputes
- Termination of employment contracts
- Data Protection and Confidentiality issues
Aoife has extensive experience in representation before the Employment Appeals Tribunal, Rights Commissioner service of the Labour Relations Commission, Labour Court and Equality Tribunal, as well as the Circuit and High Courts and the Workplace Relations Commission. We provide advice in such matters as:
- Unfair Dismissal
- Discrimination and Equality Claims
- Injunctions seeking to restrain termination of employment
- Breach of statutory rights particularly pay cuts, lay off, annual leave and terms of employment disputes
- Performance Management
- Industrial Disputes and Strikes
- Work Related Stress issues
- Personal Injury proceedings in work related injuries
Corporate & Commercial Support
- Employee Due Diligence
- Obligations under Transfer of Undertaking (TUPE) Regulations
- Mergers, Acquisitions, outsourcing arrangements and corporate restructuring
- Executive Service Contracts
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Restraint of Trade Agreements and Restrictive Covenants
- Contracts for service of consultants and independent contractors
- Tax issues arising on termination
- Severance Agreements
Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
We of course recognise the benefits of Mediation and other forms of ADR in the employment context, such as conciliation before the Workplace Relations Commission. It is less formal, less expensive and less time consuming than proceeding to hearing. It can also give parties more opportunity to determine when and how their disputes will be resolved, which helps to preserve working relations.
One of our team members is a CEDR qualified Mediator who can offer support and guidance to our clients going through a mediation process, but who is also in a position to act as an independent mediator in order to bring about a successful resolution to an employee dispute.
The team regularly provides in-house seminars in particular on recent legislative changes or recent judgments and training to clients on these issues. In addition, the team also holds an annual employment seminar.
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.