We are the law firm of choice in the area of Sports Law in the Mid-West/Munster region.
The Sports Law practice is led by Partner, Shane O’Neill, a former Limerick and Na Piarsaigh hurler. Shane is also the manager of the Na Piarsaigh Senior Hurling Team that won the All Ireland Senior Club Final in 2016.
Our Sports Law team has successfully represented some of Limerick and the Mid-West’s best known sports clubs, organisations and players. We have acted in disciplinary proceedings and also provide ongoing sports law advice to our many clients.
Our clients benefit not just from the practice’s in-depth knowledge of sports law but also from the input of our specialist Licensing and Employment law teams.
- General Sports Law
- Sponsorship Agreements
- Infrastructure projects and sports ground services
- Event Management
- Liquor Licensing
- Trustee issues
- Finance, Banking, Development and Grants
- Employment/Labour issues
- Contracts (negotiation, payment to players and staff)
- Health and Safety issues (including personal injuries, third party claims, civil liability on the sports field and duties of coaches and staff)
- Disciplinary Proceedings
- Dispute Resolution
- Grievance Procedures
- Club Liability
- Player Safety (discipline, sanctions and child welfare)
- Manager and Player insurance schemes
- Premises (sale, purchase, lease, licence)
- Competition Law
- Product Endorsement